STATUS: Construction underway, due for completion by October 2019. Green Square town centre will feature a network of new streets and cycleways for residents and visitors to walk or ride easily through the area.
This Green Square to Randwick cycle link is part of the Randwick to Marrickville regional route and will be a combination of shared path and bi-directional cycleway separated from motor vehicles.
It will connect with the planned bi-directional separated cycleway on Portman Street through the Green Square Community and Cultural Precinct (on the former South Sydney Hospital site), to a shared path on Joynton Avenue and separated cycleway on Epsom Road.
The proposed cycle link will:
- provide more space for people to walk and cycle on Joynton Avenue and Epsom Road
- complement redevelopment of sites along the route
- integrate the cycleway with the new Epsom and Link Road intersection
- integrate bus stops
- minimise the impact on existing street trees
- plant new trees, shrubs and grasses.